Headaches are characterized by either sharp or dull pain, affecting any region of the head including the ears, nose, and eyes. Headaches can be caused by many different ailments, with the most common being migraines, TMJ syndrome and myofascial syndrome. Headaches tend to be short lived and treated with simple over the counter anti-inflammatory drugs. If a headache lasts longer than a few hours it’s advised to get checked out by a doctor.
Common Conditions Treated
- Occipital Neuralgia
- TMJ Syndrome
- Myofascial Syndrome
- Cervical Facet Disorder (referred pain)
- and more…
- Chiropractic: Chiropractic is an alternative health care profession that focuses on treating disorders of the musculoskeletal system. A common cause of headaches and head pain is subluxations, or a slight misalignment of the vertebrae, in the upper back and neck which is effectively treated with chiropractic adjustments.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is designed to promote a patient’s overall health and fitness, prevent injury and maximize quality of life. Physical therapy is a treatment method for improving limited body movement and functionality and is effective for head pain caused by musculoskeletal issues including muscle tension and tightness, disc pathology, lack of neck motion, poor posture, and tightness in the back and shoulder blades.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a thousand year old traditional Chinese treatment for chronic pain. It is very effective treatment for head pain and has been used for head pain since the earliest beginnings of traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture is not only effective for migraine headaches, but also is greatly effective in treating tension headaches, cluster headaches, post-traumatic headaches, and disease-related headaches due to sinus problems, hypertension, or sleeping disorders.
Minimally Invasive Treatment
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Joint Injections
- Occipital Nerve Blocks
- Prolotherapy & PRP Injections
- Radiofrequency Rhizotomy
- Trigger Point Injections